Quilting Under The Tuscan Sun
September 21-28, 2019
Workshops: Art Quilting, Painting, Cooking
58 John Street
Port Jefferson Sta. N.Y. 11776
Application for Enrollment: $2,990.
This fee includes: the group airport transfer, one workshop, breakfast lunch and dinner at the villa on workshop days, breakfast and dinner only on excursion days, 2 days of guided excursions including group transportation, double occupancy accommodations for a standard room at the villa.
Early enrollment is highly advised as this program fills quickly. Please return this form to Esterita Austin, 58 John St, Port Jefferson Sta. NY 11776. Please make check payable to Esterita Austin. Your deposit of $500.00 in U.S. currency will insure a place in the program. Deposit is per person, double occupancy standard room. There is a single supplement fee of $400.00. Deluxe rooms are available at an additional cost. Please read the terms at the bottom of this enrollment application before signing.
(Payment accepted by: check from a US bank or money order or PayPal (please notify) or if you prefer pay by credit card there is a 4% charge.)
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THIS FORM FOR YOUR RECORDS.
State: ______________________ Zip ______________________
Home Telephone: ___________________ Business Telephone: __________________
I am interested in the workshop for September 21-29, 2019 (please circle one)
Art-Quilt Workshop/ Painting/ Cooking
Do you have any special needs? (Prefer ground floor room, have limited walking capacity, etc.) Please note that our excursion days involve a considerable amount of walking
I will be traveling with a companion _____________ (please fill out a separate application)
Please See Terms:
Terms of Agreement: Quilting Under The Tuscan Sun 2018
Applications will be processed in order of their receipt. A $500.00 deposit is required to process your application. Final payment is due by June 15, 2019. The program price includes all of the itemized services described on the website. No refunds will be made for any part of the trip that is offered and not participated in. No refunds will be made for any missed meals or missed day trips. You are required to be at Rome Fiumicino airport on the morning of arrival of September 8 to meet by 9:30 AM. The bus will be able to remain at the airport for a short time. Please plan your itinerary accordingly. Exact location of the meeting place is at the international arrivals building. On exiting the customs doors we will meet at the cafe immediately to your left. No refund will be made for anyone who chooses not to use coach transfer offered in either direction. On the morning of departure our coach will leave the villa at 6:45AM in order to arrive in Rome at 10AM. Please schedule your flight accordingly so that you allow at least 2 hours at the airport before departure. Please schedule your departure for after 12 PM on the 28th. We find that Alitalia has shorter lines to get into the airport. You are requested to inform us of your exact flight arrival time prior to departure to insure proper coincidence at Rome airport. In case of cancellation for any and all reasons Esterita will not be responsible for the cost of the airfare. It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance with your ticket.
1) A booking is deemed to have been made once a student has signed and agreed to our terms and conditions through a signed contract. Checking of the Terms and Conditions on our booking form constitutes a legally binding contract. Once a booking has been made, the customer must make a deposit payment as stipulated, with the remaining balance to be paid in full no later than three months prior to the workshops commence date. Where bookings are made less than three months prior to the workshop commencing, payment must be made in full within seven days of booking, or the place will be offered to other participants.
2) Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing by regular mail or email or snail mail. The date on which the letter is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total course price, and are as follows:
3 months or more before departure: 50% of deposit
2 months before departure: 75% of deposit
1 month or less before departure 100% of total workshop fee
3) Receipt of a booking form online or a completed booking form through the post or fax will constitute an agreement to the terms and conditions as laid out here.
4) For the avoidance of doubt, as Quilting Under the Tuscan Sun is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of holiday cancellation. You are referred to clause 14 below.
5) In the event that a workshop does not meet the minimum number of required participants, all those booked on the course will be notified no less than six weeks prior to the departure date of the workshop. In the event that a workshop does not have a required minimum number of attendees, Quilting Under the Tuscan Sun may choose to offer the workshop with a back-up teacher, or offer a refund for all monies paid. No cancellation penalties are paid out in the event of workshop cancellations.
6) Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
7) In the event of the specified teacher being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another course leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 4 will come into effect.
8) We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this brochure at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9) If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the villa of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10) Where airport/villa transfers are included in the cost of the holiday, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights or routes suggested by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights or routes will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client's responsibility and Quilting Under the Tuscan Sun is not responsible or any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 14 below.
11) The type of workshop holiday we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and holiday description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the holiday, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12) Quilting Under the Tuscan Sun does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
13) Quilting Under the Tuscan Sun accepts responsibility for acts and / or omissions of its employees (while acting in the course of their employment). Esterita Austin does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the employees (while acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to American law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the American courts.
14) The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the course leader thus giving the course leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution.
15) It is suggested that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the holiday (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the holiday (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
16) All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
17) By signing the booking form or checking the ‘I agree to the terms & conditions' box, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
I agree to Terms and conditions,
Please sign___________________________________ date___________